A famous Russian painter, graphic artist, stage designer. Born in Moscow, son of the artist P. Krymov. He recieved his primary artistic classes under the guidance of his father. From 1904 till 1911 he studied at Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture under the guidance of L. Pasternak, A. Arkhipov, A. Vasnetsov, M. Kasatkin, as well as at the workshops of V. Serov and K. Korovin. From 1906 till 1923 he was a regular exhibitor of the Union of the Russian Artists (its member since 1910). He worked in the area of magazine graphics. Since 1910 he was engaged in scenography, creating sketches of costumes and scenery for the performances in St. Petersburg and Moscow. From 1919 till 1920 he taught at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Moscow Prechistenskiy Practical Institute, during 1920 - 1922 - at the Higher state artistic and technical workshops and Moscow Polygraphic Institute. His first personal exhibition was held in the State Tretyakov Gallery (1922). He participated in the exhibitions of the art associations "The Blue Rose" (1907), "The World of Art" (1921 - 1922), "Makovets" (1925 - 1926), the International Exhibition in Rome (1911), the First Russian Art Exhibition in Berlin ( 1922), the exhibition of the Russian art in New York (1924 - 1925), the Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia (1925). Member of the Society of Moscow Artists the Society of Moscow Artists since 1928. Honored Artist of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic since 1942, corresponding member of the Academy of Arts of the USSR since 1949, People's Artist of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic since 1956. The retrospective exhibitions of the artist were held in 1967, 1984, 1985. He became famous as the "classic of landscape". The works are kept in the State Tretyakov Gallery, the State Russian Museum, the State Museum of Fine Arts, Kyiv National Museum of the Russian art, etc.