A Russian artist, landscape painter. Born in St. Petersburg. He studied at St. Petersburg Academy of Arts under the guidance of M. Klodt. In 1879 he received the big gold medal and the title of the 1st degree class artist. Pensioner of Petersburg Academy of Arts in France, Italy and Spain. He participated in the exhibitions of the Academy of Arts, the Society of the exhibitions of the works of art, the Society for the Promotion of Artists (1876 - 1888), all-Russian exhibition in Moscow (1882), the Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions (1891 - 1892), St. Petersburg Union of artists, etc. His personal exhibitions were held in St. Petersburg, Paris and Nice. Since 1884 - academician. He lived and worked in St. Petersburg. His works are presented in the Art Museums of Odessa, Nizhny Novgorod, Volgograd, Grozny, etc.