A Ukrainian painter. Born in the village of Pidgoryany, now Transcarpathian region. In 1954 he graduated from Lviv Institute of Decorative and Applied Art, faculty of monumental painting (under the guidance of Y. Bokshay and R. Selskyy). A. Erdeli was his spiritual teacher and mentor. From 1954 till 1961 he taught at Uzhgorod College of Applied Arts. Since 1957 he took part in all the republican and the majority of all - union exhibitions. Since 1960 - Member of the National Union of Artists. In 1972 he moved to Kyiv. He works in the field of genre and landscape painting. His works were exhibited in Austria, Belarus, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Japan, Cyprus. The paintings are kept in the museums and private collections.