A Ukrainian graphic artist and painter, master of monumental and decorative art. Born in Aleksandriv, Volodymyr region. From 1923 till 1928 he studied at the Ukrainian Academy of Arts in Kyiv under the guidance of M. Burachek and L. Kramarenko. Participant of the exhibitions since 1919. Member of the Union of Modern Artists of Ukraine (1927), the Artists' Union of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic. In the years of 1930s - 1940s he taught at Kharkiv Institute of Art. His solo exhibitions were held in Kharkiv (1945) and Kyiv (1958, 1962). He worked in the genres of landscape, thematic and historical paintings, as well as in book design. His works are stored in the National Art Museum of Ukraine and in other museums of Ukraine.