A Russian painter, graphic artist, bright representative of the legendary Moscow underground. Born in Moscow. From 1946 till 1950 he studied at Moscow Municipal Art School named after M. Perutskyy, during 1950 - 1951 - in Moscow Regional Art School "In the memory of 1905". In the years of 1954 - 1960 he worked as an artist in the theaters of Syeverodvinsk, Pskov, Zlatoust. From 1963 till 1969 he taught at Moscow Municipal Art School on Kropotkinska. He was the first among Soviet artists who turned to object-panels where he used ready items, setting off the beginning of "the objective realism." In the Soviet Union there was no official exhibition of the artist. In 1975 there was an "apartment" exhibition in Moscow. In 1978 he emigrated to France and settled in Paris. He created a painted series called "Memoirs of Moscow", and during 1995 - 2001 he performed a great series of paintings based on "Soviet reality." His personal exhibitions were often held in Paris (1980 - 1997) and Hamburg (1987), Moscow (1995 - 2005), New York (1996, 2005), Vienna (2001), St. Petersburg (2004), Tel Aviv ( 2006). In 2009 there was published a collection of memories from his artist friends and colleagues "Fool eat pies". His works are stored in the State Tretyakov Gallery, the State Russian Museum, Moscow Museum of Modern Art, the National Center of Contemporary Art, the Museum of Contemporary Art (both - in Moscow), the New Museum in St. Petersburg, the Kolodzei Art Foundation in New Jersey, etc.