A Ukrainian painter and graphic artist. Born in Katerynoslav (now Dnipropetrovsk). He received his elementary art education in the art studio of Konotop. In 1939 he graduated from Dnipropetrovsk Art College, where he studied under the guidance of M. Panin, P. Alyokhin and V. Korenev. In 1943 he held his first solo exhibition, where the sketches of the war front were presented. In 1950 he graduated from Kyiv Institute of Art, where he studied under the guidance of M. Sharonov and K. Trokhymenko. He worked as a director of the college of arts and crafts in Kyiv. He traveled across the Baltics, the Caucasus, the Crimea, the Carpathians a lot and created many beautiful landscapes. He performed illustrations, worked at ex-libris and at various printing techniques. In 1977 he received the title of Honored Artist of Ukraine. He participated in 400 republican and all-union exhibitions and in nearly 100 international ones. He held about 70 solo exhibitions. His works are presented in the State Tretyakov Gallery and in many Art Museums of Ukraine.